Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Little owls....



...how cute are these little paper bag owls? We made them the other night with these little mini brown paper bags I had stashed away. I think they'd be perfect hung on garland, draped over a window. Cambria's really makes me laugh, it's the one in the middle. Andin's looks worried about something. But they are all so adorable!  Just decorate the faces & adorn with googly eyes, feathers, markers, whatever you want!  Stuff with tissue paper or newspaper, turn upside down & secure with a pipe cleaner or some bakers twine.  Very simple & festive!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I love them! I actually have all the ingredients on hand too! Wait, not ingredients...supplies. Whatever. Anyway, I love them in the sticks and I have some of those in my dining room. We are totally doing this!

I'm glad your dad liked Emmi's dance moves. :) I miss your mom and dad!

Oh darn, I do not have googly eyes. I'll have to go buy those.

Shar said...

i seriously was about to search for owl activities online b/c kapria is really into owls right now. (i so want to take her to see the gaurdians of gahoole or however you spell that.) so these are perfect!

Leymaster Family said...

Happy Anniversary! You two ARE love birds! Love the fun and creative crafts. I always love to see what you come up with next!

liz @keepingwithmyjoneses.blogspot.com said...

great project with items you'd have around the house. I guess you know you have kids when brown bags, googly eyes and pipe cleaners are a standard.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Children's books we're loving this summer.......

Dragon Gets By by Dav Pilkey

Rhinos Who Surf by Julie Mammano

When Sophie Gets Angry by Molly Bang

The Carrot Seed by Ruth Krauss

The Man Who Walked Between the towers by Mordicai Gerstein

The Bike Lesson by Stan & Jan Berenstain

Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingels Wilder

Twitter